Carolyn Harris MP, Chair of the Fixed Odds Betting Terminals All Party Parliamentary Group
Government Review on Gaming Machines and Social Responsibility Measures
Carolyn Harris MP, Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Fixed Odds Betting Terminals (FOBTs), today welcomes the Government’s Review of Gaming Machines and Social Responsibility Measures, which includes a review of FOBTs.
Ms Harris and others in the All Party Group have been calling for this review for some time.
The Group is currently undertaking a wide-ranging inquiry into FOBTs and will be feeding in evidence from its inquiry into this review.
The APPG will be hearing evidence from the Gambling Minister Tracey Crouch MP and Sarah Harrison the CEO of the Gambling Commission in November.
Carolyn Harris MP said:
“I very much welcome the Government’s announcement of the, long awaited, review into gaming machines, including Fixed Odds Betting Terminals. The FOBT All Party Parliamentary Group has been calling for this review for some time. I hope the Government will take this opportunity to address the £100 stake on FOBTs and the regulation of them.
Evidence given to the FOBT All Party Group inquiry has demonstrated the impact these machines are having on all our communities and proven that there is strong case for stake reduction.
I look forward to working with the Government on this important review in the coming weeks”
Notes to Editors
- The Fixed Odds Betting Terminals (FOBT) All Party Parliamentary Group has been created to provide a forum for discussion and further investigation into the impact of FOBTs in our communities. This group, powered by the passion of the members in both houses of Parliament on this issue, will allow a coordinated effort among politicians of all political parties, to come together to discuss how best to address the issues that FOBTs are causing to our communities.
- For more information, please contact Carolyn Harris MP, the Chair of the Fixed Odds Betting Terminals All Party Parliamentary Group or the secretariat for the Group: Kenneth Pritchard firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0207 592 3800
- The group’s report will be made publicly available in early 2017.
- Oral evidence sessions will be held each month and the attendees will be listed on the group website fobt-appg.com .These sessions will be by invitation only. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to attend.
- Written Submissions are being accepted. Please contact the Group Secretariat, Kenneth Pritchard firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.